Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Quintessential Shopping Mall Love Story

I love shopping, especially when it is necessary. It takes me a week to complete a day of shopping. Hunting down the perfect match between me and the product is a an exhausting adventure. But some unions are made in heaven, and some people understand that the business principle of optimizing satisfaction stems from rather spiritual aspirations. Here is the poem The Quintessential Shopping Mall Love Story, published in Public Republic, I wrote commemorating a rare new year's shopping trip with my husband. Needless to say, he acts like a very traumatized human being every time I mention the word "mall." He has also tried to teach me the male way of shopping, which includes a prior visualization of the product, a beeline to the item and a credit card transaction, all in less than 2 minutes. Oh, the sacrilege!

No comments:

Post a Comment